2nd Global SynGyp Conference & Exhibition on wet scrubbers and synthetic gypsum
30 - 31 March 2017, Lindner Congress Hotel, Düsseldorf, Germany
Production - Quality Control - Utilisation
Join the Global Gypsum LinkedIn group
The 2nd Global SynGyp Conference on synthetic gypsum has successfully taken place, in Düsseldorf on 30-31 March 2017, with 80 delegates from 20 countries in attendance. 16 papers were presented at the event, alongside an exhibition of syntheic gypsum-related products and services. The next Global SynGyp Conference will take place in 2019, with the location to be announced.
Delegate comments on the 2nd Global SynGyp Conference and Exhibition, Düsseldorf 2017:
• The organisers are highly knowledgeable;
• Compliments on the organisation;
• Perfect organisation;
• As gypsumboard manufacturers (based on FGD gypsum) it was very interesting to us to hear new info!;
• It is quite perfect;
• Good organisation and good connection possibilities;
• My favourite thing about the conference was the high quality of the delegates;
• Good balance between various topics;
• Networking was good, organisation was good;
• Balance between papers and discussion time was very good;
• Nice job!
Global SynGyp Conference Topics:
- The future of FGD
- FGD regulatory trends
- Global, regional and national trends in synthetic gypsum
- Global syngyp markets, shipping and trade
- Syngyp supply/demand trends
- Natural vs synthetic gypsum
- Equipment options for syngyp production
- Lime versus limestone for FGD production
- Scrubber types and influence on FGD
- Scrubber process control
- Scrubber operation options
- Effects of fuels on FGD quality
- FGD quality control
- Particle size optimisation
- Crystal morphology control factors
- Syngyp storage and handling
- FGD properties and components
- Impurities and contaminants
- Whence mercury?
- Dewatering/drying options
- Syngyp use in cement industry
- Agricultural uses
- Pelletising options
- New applications for syngyp
- Alternative syngyp sources (phosphogypsum, titanogypsum, citrogypsum, fluorogypsum etc)
- Influence of syngyp properties and composition on calcination and wallboard manufacture
Who should attend?
- FGD producers
- Equipment suppliers
- Syngyp users
- Technology companies
- Plant managers
- Market analysts
- Shippers & traders
- Others involved in syngyp
Global Gypsum is pleased to announce the second biennial Global SynGyp Conference and Exhibition, which will take place in Germany in March 2017. The event will once again bring together scrubber operators and other syngyp producers together with syngyp users, as well as equipment producers, shippers, traders, academics and analysts in one place, for information exchange, networking and business. Covering all types of synthetic gypsum (including FGD gypsum, also known as DSG and REA Gips), the event will look at the delicate balance between cost-effective flue gas desulphurisation and the production of a high-quality synthetic gypsum product that can be used by wallboard, cement, agricultural and other sectors.
Global Gypsum's events are known for their excellent networking and business opportunities, and Global SynGyp will give you plenty of opportunities to make new contacts and catch up with old friends. The conference dinner on 30 March will take place at the Classic Remise Düsseldorf, a classic car museum in a former locomotive shed - giving you even more chance to do business.
The registration fee includes attendance at the conference and exhibition, conference proceedings book including delegate names/company/country and all available powerpoint slides, CD or memory stick including all available presentations in pdf or powerpoint format, participation in networking/speed-dating sessions, delegate name badge, special distribution magazine, conference briefcase, coffee breaks and snacks, lunches, welcome reception and farewell reception.
The conference early-bird registration fee is £495 until 24 November 2016 and the normal rate is £595 from 25 November until 24 February 2017. The conference late-rate registration fee is £695 after 24 February. Synthetic gypsum producers, scrubber operating-companies, utilities and synthetic gypsum users benefit from a £100 discount on these rates. Speakers register for £295, while confirmed producer/user speakers register free. The conference dinner is bookable separately at a rate of £125.
The 1st Global Synthetic Gypsum Conference & Exhibition has successfully taken place on 20 - 21 April 2015, in Chicago, US.
Read the full conference review (with photo gallery)
What the delegates said:
• Thank you for focusing on this specific industry of synthetic gypsum!
• Well done and great success.
• Good beginning: Congratulations.
• Congratulations for the nice event.
• It was a priviledge to attend and to meet with some long-time associates again.
• Very much enjoyed the networking.
• Nice conference.
• Excellent organisation.
• Excellent event: I'll come back to the next Global SynGyp.