16th Global Gypsum Conference, Exhibition and Awards
25 - 26 October 2016, Bangkok, Thailand
Venue: Plaza Athenee Bangkok, 61 Wireless Road (Witthayu), Bangkok 10330 Thailand
(Note: If you are approached by any other company to book rooms, they are trying to scam you! ONLY use the link above to book your rooms!)
You may now nominate in the Global Gypsum Awards 2016 (nominations end 1 July)
Join the Global Gypsum LinkedIn group
The annual Global Gypsum Conference is well-known around the world as the largest meeting of gypsum professionals and as the must-attend gypsum event. The conference in 2016 will meet in the 'gypsum heart' of Asia, in Bangkok - the exotic and business-oriented capital city of Thailand - and will appeal to gypsum and wallboard producers from around the globe.
Asia is growing fast and delegates and exhibitors have requested a return visit to Asia - for the first time since the Global Gypsum Conference in Shanghai in 2007. Bangkok was the stand-out choice of location for conference delegates in a global survey of potential venues in Asia - and for many good reasons: Thailand is one of the world's largest producers of gypsum; it has a large and vibrant plaster and wallboard sector; Thailand offers easy and visa-free access for many countries; the country is centrally-located in Asia and is well-served by direct airline connections from around the world (including by the excellent Thai Airways); Bangkok offers very good value-for-money hotels and restaurants; and finally because Thailand and Bangkok in particular is a great place to visit and to do business.
Strong delegates are expected to attend from China, Japan, South Korea and many other Asian nations, as well as from around the rest of the world.
If your business is gypsum, you must attend the Global Gypsum Conference, Exhibition and Awards in Bangkok in 2016!
Early-bird registration is £545 until 11 March (a £50 reduction on previous years), rising to the standard rate of £695 on 12 March, to the late rate of £795 after 24 June and to the final rate of £845 after 19 September. Gypsum producers benefit from a £150 discount on these registration fees. Confirmed speakers register for £395, while confirmed gypsum-producer speakers register free. The Global Gypsum Awards Gala Dinner is bookable separately for £125.
More about Global Gypsum Conference
Issues covered at the Global Gypsum Conference
- Gypsum wallboard and plaster market trends
- Cutting-edge research in gypsum and wallboard production
- Plaster technology
- New applications for gypsum
- Beyond commodity wallboard
- Energy efficiency
- Recycling, sustainability and the environment
Who should attend?
- Product manufacturers
- Equipment suppliers
- Technology companies
- Plant managers
- Market analysts
- Shippers & traders
15th Global Gypsum Conference, Exhibition and Awards
26 - 27 October, New Orleans, USA
The 15th Global Gypsum Conference, Exhibition and Awards has successfully taken place in New Orleans, USA.
You can now read the Global Gypsum Conference 2015 review.
View the conference image gallery (large gallery - may take time to load)
A video will be posted soon.
Delegate comments 2015:
- Great service from the conference organisers as well as the hotel staff
- I would like to thanks the organisers for their tireless work, support and humour
- Great experience
- Very well organised
- Thank you for a great experience
- Nice job
- Everything was great
- Good job!
- The speed dating was a great chance to meet new people: I always enjoy my time with Global Gypsum.
- The structured networking was a great feature
- Global Gypsum 'Gala Dinners' are always very good: You always find great, interesting venues.
- Good conference
- Great work guys (and gals!)
Quote of the conference: "Great job to you and your team on the Global Gypsum conference! I have been to 100+ conferences over the years and this is one of the best run and most beneficial with high density of industry decision makers." - Combustion expert, conference attendee.
Global Gypsum Pre-Conference Training Session – "What YOU need to know about gypsum"
Noon – 5.30pm; lunch and coffee break included.
Presented by Mark Flumiani, Project Manager, Innogyps Inc.
You will learn about:
- Gypsum and its properties
- Gypsum chemistry
- Gypsum products and their uses – gypsum board, building plasters, special plasters, floor screeds etc.
- Gypsum manufacturing processes and what equipment is used
- The purpose and importance of formulation and additives
- Examples of problems encountered in manufacturing
- The global market for gypsum products and regional trends